Empowering National Development – Education for Livelihood!
What is DTI:
DTI’s vision is to be the premier institute for technical and vocational training in Pakistan.
DTI has been functional since 1998 and has the distinction of training more than 20,000 workers in 14 different professional trades. Many of these people are working in other countries.
DTI has a modern 10 acre campus in Lahore with state of the art equipment and experienced instructors, many of whom have spent their entire working life in their specialist areas.
DTI’s flagship program is the DTI Welding School which contains the latest equipment sourced from ESAB.
DTI’s curriculums are based on a blend of basic minimum theory and extensive hands on training.
DTI is a not for profit organization.
DTI’s Core Values:
• High work load
• Continuous Improvement
Safety training is mandatory for all trades, and covers:
• Use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
• Use of Breathing Apparatus
• Scaffolding Erection & Safety
• Electrical & Hand-tools Safety
Why Join DTI
Descon Technical Institute offers exceptional advancement opportunities in the category of technical vocational trainings. Our training programs meet competency standards and content guidelines, and can also be adapted to meet customized requirements. We ensure quality output by getting our trainees certified from a third party which conducts various trade tests in selected crafts before award of certifications to the successful trainees. Welder’s Certification is conducted by the 3rd Party for Welders Qualification Test (WQT) for Advance Welding (6G) & Electric Welding (3G).
Within many industries there is a huge gap in the availability of skilled and semi-skilled workforce, and trainees qualified from DTI have successfully managed to secure job opportunities within and outside the country.
In addition trainees also have the option to venture out and start their own business.
DTI’s trainers use a variety of active learning strategies to provide trainees with a balance of theory, dialogue, and extensive hands on practice.
We believe that a talented and loyal workforce plays a crucial role in the organization’s ongoing business success, and strongly believe that trainees qualifying from DTI will become enthusiastic and valuable members of any organization they join.
Services provided by DTI:
• For the Individual:
o This is an ideal opportunity for you to carve out your future!
o If you are young, ambitious, self confident, and wish to improve your circumstances, then DTI is the place for you!
o An opportunity to develop skills in many professional trades taught by highly experienced instructors.
o Plenty of direct hands on training
o You can become an entrepreneur and run your own business or join the corporate sector!
DTI will provide:
• Scholarships to needy students
• Books and training manuals
• PPE: Coveralls, safety helmets, safety shoes, gloves, goggles
• Adequate training material & equipment
• Boarding & lodging facility
• For the Corporate Sector:
o A continuous supply chain of highly skilled technicians.
o Refresher courses for technicians employed in the corporate sector. This is an ideal opportunity for workers to enhance their knowledge and skills.
o Customized training, including Train the Trainer programs – onsite at employer premises or at DTI.
How you can help – Donation Information:
A growing technical vocational training program requires support in various capacities and large resources of funds.
We request you to join us in our cause and help bring hope and happiness to the youth of Pakistan.
Please review below the present estimated costs of supporting and building new facilities as well as supporting DTI students through scholarships.
• Donate any amount between Rs. 1,000 – 12,000 towards DTI’s Scholarship Fund.
• Donate any amount between Rs. 12,000 – 45,000 to pay the fees and accommodation for one student for one course
• Donate any amount between Rs. 10,000 – 100,000 for the purchase of equipment to be used for hands-on skills development
• Donate Rs. 1,800,000 towards the construction of a Classroom (partial donations of any amounts in multiples of Rs. 100,000 can also be made towards DTI's Construction Fund)
• Donate Rs. 5,400,000 the construction of a Workshop (partial donations of any amounts in multiples of Rs. 100,000 can also be made towards DTI's Construction Fund)
How to donate: Please contact DTI’s CFO at Usman.Ajmal@descon.com
||Title of Course
||Advance Weldere (6G)
|| Middle + 2 Years Experience / Welder (3G)
|| Welder (3G)
|| 3 Months
||DAE Electrical / Electronics
|| 2 Months
|| 1 Month
||Graduate / DAE
||Pipe & General Fitter
||Rigger / Scaffolder
||Fsc / DAE
Documentation requirement for individuals:
• Original educational certificates
• CNIC of Trainee
• CNIC of father or guardian
• 2 passport size photographs
For admission or further details, please contact our Admissions Officer:
Mr. Tahir Munir @ 0321 8736247 Or 042 359 666 42-96 Or email@example.com
Descon Technical Institute
2-KM Defence Road, Off Multan Road, Mohlanwal, Lahore